Thursday, June 17, 2010

A painful milestone!!

A couple of days before my bea's birthday she was having slight fever since her other molar was coming out both left and right. We were hopeful that there would only be minor discomfort on her, the right tooth came out after a couple of days but the left tooth is taking a little longer than usual.

Since bea is so used on chewing on her left side it would give her great discomfort everytime she chews on something hard she would cry and most of the time be in a bad mood.

About two weeks ago, she was crying out of nothign at all and she was in a bad mood most of the time. One night we have not sleep all trough the night because she keeps on waking up and end up crying I asked her where is it hurting she pointed to her gums at the left side where the other molar was suppose to come out. I checked and saw that her gums was inflamed and really red, so i just put a little bit of orajel to ease the pain. She developed fever that night so I ended up not sleeping just to make sure she is okay.

Mornign came and she was her happy self again, I asked her if it is still painful she said a little bit. After she took her afternoon nap i noticed her cheek got swollen and really red that is when i decided to go to the dentist to have it checked apparently her molar is havign a hard time coming out and since that is also the side where bea chews it got infected. She was given antibiotics for 7 days, but on the 7 th day i still notice that her gums are a little bit swollen and when i cleaned that area and touched it a greenish liquid came out so i got scared and went back to the dentist.

The dentist did some examination and x-ray on bea and determined that her other molar is now giving her the problem and needs to be extracted since it would lead to more problems. SO we were faced with a hard decision for our daughter. Wer weighed the pros and cons and we deicided it was for our daughter's best that we had the procedure done.

Last tuesday after her last dose of antibiotics we went back to the dentist to have the painful procedure I sat with bea on the chair and tried to calm her down. At first she was so happy and smiling and is even showing the dentist how to open her mouth. Well that all changed when she saw the instruments and the like. She got scared that she doesnt want to open her mouth anymore we convinced her to open her mouth and the dentist had the chance to give her the anesthesia but after that there was wailign and a lot of crying it teared my heart out when I heard bea begged us to stop she said crying "PLEASE NO MORE PLEASE NO MORE PLEASE"
I can't help but be teary eyed but i just told my self it is for the better and it needs to be done so after a few minutes we hold bea and forced her to open her mouth and after a few minutes the tooth was out, bea was really crying that all I can do was to hug her and tell her how proud I am of her for being so brave.

After I consoled her she stoped crying and asked me to go to the carnival :) I bought her ice cream to stop the bleeding since she doesnt want to bite on the gauze. I also bought her balloon and stickers to make her day. She rode the train and the airplane ( which only lasted a few minutes coz she got scared when it went faster).

Here is my baby after her painful milestone :) I am so proud of you baby, though this is not a good one I am still proud to be able to see how brave you are and how much you can understand know. I even asked you that night if it is okay for you to go back to the dentist to have your teeth cleaned and you said yes... thank you sweetie for being a part of me...
The sacrificed tooth :)
A neat tooth keeper :)






4 comments:

  1. it really feels so bad for us moms when our children feel something wrong and we can't do anything but hug them to give some comfort,that oftentimes we say to ourselves 'if only that pain will get to me instead of them...' but maybe, they have to go through that themselves and all we can do is to be with them to let them feel everything is going to be alright..

    ReplyDelete
  2. aawww...I could imagine the pain...kahit nga ako takot pa sa dentist eh.she's bravegirl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope she is feeling better now. you're a good and brave girl, bea. hugs and kisses!

    btw, that's a cute tooth keeper, sis.

    Topics on Earth
    Mom’s Ups and Downs
    Kitchen Essentials

    ReplyDelete
  4. Painful milestone indeed... but necessary :)

    Liked your blog and being miles away from home too (worst in my case, where there are really no kababayans) is something I can totally relate to. I'm linking up to your blog if you don't mind. Looking forward to reading more of you!

    ReplyDelete