Monday, November 23, 2009

How can one person be capable of inflicting so much harm

On friday, the whole island of Saipan was shaken by a Tragic news...

One gun man open fired killing five including himself, injuring almost 9 person in a shooting rampage. As news develops it turns out that the shooting was planned... I can't imagine how one person can do so much damage and leave so much sadness with just a selfless act.

What's troubling is he killed and injured children during his rampage... one girl who survived after being shot in the chest was supposed to celebrate her birhtday that day, her mom was out shopping for things to be used on her birthday, unfortunately that day, the gunman who was working at a shooting range close to their home open fire on her family killing his father, uncle, cousin and even her 2 year old sister... Imagine what a birthday memory that incident will leave the girl. The girl's mom is also pregnant with her first son... but how can you celebrate life if in an instant you lost your husband and your baby girl just because of a selfless man...

I for one can never imagine how much pain loosing your child and husband like that while your taking care of an injured daughter..... My heart goes out for the victims of the tragedy.

For me particulary on that day, I was not feeling well so i took the day off, I told my self just to sleep the whole afternoon before I pick up bea from the babysitter.. Around 3 pm I received a call from my husband asking me to pick up bea from the baby sitter house, at that time there where a lot of speculations that their are armed men going throughout the island just shooting randomly, my heart stopped at that time.. Bea's babysitter's house is near a school and with the recent shooting rampage happenign in schools especially in the Mainland I can't help myself but to worry. I drove as fast as I could but also with much fear that I may come accross this shooter's . Thank God My daughter is safe...

I pray for all the victims of this tragedy especially those who have lost their loved ones.. May God be your strength and light in this times of darkness and sadness...

No comments:

Post a Comment